Saturday, November 12, 2016

Our Worry Monster
I found this monster a few months ago and loved the idea of having a safe place for kids to put their worries.  Kids write their worries on a piece of paper and feed it to the monster.  He, in turn, eats their worries which helps them get through the things they are worrying about.  This has been a time in our history when kids are worrying a great deal more than usual.  I want to assure all of you that I am doing my very best to assure your kids that despite the tension they might be feeling in our community and in our world, room 306 is a safe place, and I will do everything I can to protect and help them through their worries and anxieties.  Our worry monster will be in our classroom for the rest of the year and they will always be able to feed him their worries.  I did tell them that I will read their worries and they can ask me for help (either on the paper or in person) any time they need it.  They do not have to put their names on the worries, but can if they choose to do so. 
Here's what you really need to know:  I am here for your kids.  Always.  Please feel free to contact me if you want to talk with me about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment