Saturday, December 9, 2017

Reading

We have been working on our book areas.  We have SO many books in our classroom and I am working hard getting books your kids will enjoy into their hands.  I spend a lot of my time finding books for your kids to read.  I want them reading!  Reading out loud at home is a great idea too.  They hang on every word I read while reading books out loud.  Kids should read EVERY SINGLE DAY.   Although I don’t give homework over break, I expect them to read.  But, that being said, I don’t ever want them to feel like reading is punishment.  Some kids have a difficult time falling in love with reading, and that’s okay.  Listening to books (either read out loud by you, or listening to a CD) is a great way for kids to get experience with books, even if it’s not something they feel comfortable or able to do on their own.  The public library has a HUGE section of books on CD.  HUGE!  Check it out! (See what I did there?)


No comments:

Post a Comment