Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Poly Spot Pair Share!
Today we played a game that is a great way for them to interact with one another while discussing things we are learning about in class.  I have played a version of this game in the past, but today's game was a bit different as I tried out my cool new POLY SPOTS.  They are floppy pieces of rubber that I put around the room.  Once the music begins, they move and dance around the classroom.  Once the music stops, they must find a spot and a friend on the spot.  I ask a question and have them tell their answers to their spot friend.  Some questions I asked today were:  "What is your favorite part of The BFG?", "Tell your partner a character trait Sophie (from The BFG) has.", "Talk to your partner about your favorite food." and "Talk to each other about your favorite book."  When they have finished talking with one another, they go back to back without talking.  When I ask them to share, I ask them what their partner said...so each of them has to report out what someone else told them.  They had a ball.  I use this game when I'm reviewing for a test, or wanting them to discuss things that are happening in a book we are reading.  It's a great activity and gets them up and moving their bodies while exercising their brains too!





No comments:

Post a Comment