Monday, April 4, 2016

Holes and Fish in a Tree

After finishing Holes, we started a new book called Fish in a Tree.  They LOVED it.  We finished it on Friday (perfect timing!) and will write about it when we get back from break.  Reading out loud is such an important part of childhood.  When I talk with people about their elementary school experiences, 9 out of 10 people remember being read to.  THEY LOVE IT.  When I read (at the end of the day), they hang on EVERY.  SINGLE. WORD.  There’s nothing better than hearing “NooOOoOoOOOOo!” when I stop reading.  We have great conversations, write on our anchor charts (which are then displayed around our room) and write in our Reader’s Notebooks about what we’ve read.  I encourage everyone to read a book OUT LOUD with your kids.  It’s worth your time, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment