Monday, May 8, 2017

Fidget Spinners/Devices


The invasion has begun.  We have a few new rules due to the onslaught of new devices invading our classroom.  

Spinners with flashing lights will NOT be allowed in our classroom.  They are too much of a distraction.

We have had to come up with some rules in the last few weeks. 
 Here is what we’ve come up with so far:
  No fidgets or spinners in community circle (during our meetings, student of the day, mini-lessons, etc.).  
  When both hands need to be used (on the computer, for example), they are not allowed to use fidgets. 
  If fidgets are distracting kids, they will be asked to put them away. 


I am someone who fidgets.  I have putty in my purse and use it on a regular basis.  However, fidgets have become a new distraction.  They are preventing kids from focusing, which negates their purpose.  I'll let you know if we have any new updates as they come!  Please know that it is not my intent to ban fidgets.  However, I have had to take them away from kids and will take them away for good (per kid, not the whole class) if kids continue to have issues.  I will not ban them from our classroom.  But, I wont' let them distract everyone either!  

No comments:

Post a Comment