Saturday, January 19, 2019


Martin Luther King JR.
As a group, we discussed the book and how MLK helped the Civil Rights Movement.




How appropriate is it that we are wearing CAPES while reading and writing about Martin Luther King!?

They sounded FABULOUS!
I was born the month after this amazing man was shot and killed.  My family was very involved with the Civil Rights Movement in Saginaw, especially my Grandma O’Malley.  I learned about MLK and so many other amazing leaders throughout my childhood and I’m happy to have my kids learn about him all of these years later.  We spent a lot of time on Friday talking about his life, his legacy, and his family.  They were all very interested in learning about his children, and what they are doing now.  We read the book Martin’s Big Words and chose a favorite quote, and wrote about the book and how he made a difference.  Your kids are really interested in social change and I love having such meaningful conversations with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment