Saturday, September 5, 2015

Welcome to 4th Grade!
I am so glad you are here and I can’t wait to be your teacher this year.  We are going to have SO MUCH FUN.  You won’t believe it.  Seriously, it’s going to be THAT much fun.  Yup, we’ll do math, writing, reading, science, social studies, and a million other things. 

What do you know about me?
Here are some facts about me.  You might know some of the things, but you might not.  I hope you learn something!
1.    This is my 18th year teaching at Haisley.
2.    I have taught 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade.
3.   My husband’s name is Doogie and I have a dog named Presley Marie O’Malley McGee.  She’s adorable, but is also a dork.
4.   You may hear people (maybe even your own siblings!) calling me Ms. O’Malley.  That’s my name too.  I was Ellen O’Malley before I married Doogie.  Now, I’m Ellen O’Malley McGee. 
5.   I love to read books out loud.  I LOVE talking about the books we read, and I LOVE hearing what YOU think about the books we are reading together.  Of course, I love hearing about the books you read on your own too, but I really LOVE reading things TOGETHER. 
6.   I am a certified art teacher!
7.   I am a townie.  That means that I grew up here.  I went to Burns Park Elementary School, Slauson (it was a JR high back then), and Pioneer High School.  When I was in elementary school, it was kindergarten through 6th grade.  After 6th grade, we moved across town and I went to Slauson and then Pioneer.
8.   My favorite of the great lakes is Lake Huron.
9.    A few of my favorite hobbies are: writing, art, traveling, and photography. I'm also pretty in love with my dog.  :)  She's a fuzzy hobby.  
10. 
I love going to the Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market and will bring

things in for you to try throughout the school year.  We’ll even get to visit!
Happy NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment