Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market

 Getting ready to hop on the bus!
 I spy something recycled...in FOUND!  :)  
 The hands of my elementary school gym teacher, Mary Wolfe.


I didn’t get very many photographs on this trip.  It’s a busy one!  We are walking around the market, visiting the store FOUND (in Kerrytown) and buying interesting and delicious products from local farmers.  My favorite farmer is Mary Wolfe.  She sells eggs, asparagus, and apples, when in season.  She was also my gym teacher my entire elementary career at Burns Park.  She’s amazing and one of the many fine teachers I was lucky enough to have growing up in Ann Arbor.  I love that I still get to see her, and she loves getting to meet my students every year. Kids bought such a wide variety of items.  They LOVED wandering the market, talking to vendors and some of them even made deals with the farmers.  Here are some of the things people bought:  cinnamon rolls (the size of their heads), cookies, necklaces, snow cones, plants, fudge, apple turnovers, donuts, jam, and so much more!  If you haven’t gone to market with your kids, I highly recommend it.  We also went in FOUND, which is a store that specializes in things made from recycled items.  A totally cool store.  Check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment