Friday, September 8, 2017

BOOKS!








I’m a book freak.  I love books.  I love reading to your kids.  We started exploring our classroom library this week and your kids are digging the reading choices we have.  I am always in search of good books to recommend or read out loud.  I spend my summer saying “I’m going to read a book written for an adult!” and then I immediately start reading books I want to check out for school.  Watching their faces as I read out loud is FABULOUS.  It gives me such joy to see them hanging on my every word, eager to see what happens next.  The Wild Robot is the first book I’m reading out loud.  This is a wonderful book and your kids LOVE it.  Ask them about the book! 

Who is Roz?  How did she get onto the island?  What has happened in the book so far?  Why don’t the animals trust her?  What did she learn from the opossum?  Why did the bears attack her?  What do you think will happen next?  Will she be a good mom to Brightbill?  Why or why not? 

I highly recommend this book!  It’s a short read and I promise you, you will enjoy it!  Reading the books we are reading is a great way to make connections with your kids about reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment