Saturday, April 14, 2018


Using our Anchor Charts
In our Notebooks
We highlighted the notebook copy to match our anchor chart before gluing it into our notebook.
I love creating anchor charts.  We use them every day, for all kinds of subjects.  I usually do the writing (not always though!), but what is written comes directly from the kids.  We brainstorm, keep track of what is happening in books, review concepts, illustrate how to do something, and SO MUCH MORE!  Recently, I saw an activity that changed everything.  I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of it myself.  After taking a picture of the anchor chart, I download two photos into a Pages document and print it out for kids to add to their Reader’s Notebook or Math Notebook.  The idea is brilliant.  Last week, we added our Partial Quotients review sheet to our math notebooks, along with several charts we created about essay writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment