Sunday, September 9, 2018


The Wild Robot
Most of us has read a favorite book more than once.  Some of us read a favorite book multiple times!  One of the first things my 5th graders asked about was the books I’d be reading out loud.  After having a discussion, it was clear that they were all interested in reading some of the same books we read last year.  I think reading one or two is a great idea and I am very interested to see how it changes the experience for my 4th graders.  I had the 5th graders vote for TWO books they would like to hear again.  The top choice:  The Wild Robot.  I wasn’t surprised.  This was the first book we read last year and they were captivated from the moment I started reading.  I love reading books to kids more than just about anything else in the entire world.  They LOVE being read to.  The conversations we have already had is exciting and I can’t wait to dive deeper into this remarkable story.  If they haven’t already told you about it, please ask them what the book is about thus far.  Who have we met in the story?  What do they think may happen?  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment