Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Writing Process



We spend the entire year writing.  We write EVERY SINGLE DAY.  I love it. 

We took notes using a book about Lake Huron and revisited them this week.  We talked about how our notes weren’t very organized and difficult to put into a report.  In order to help us, we discussed MAIN IDEA and how to organize our thoughts.  I had two MAIN IDEA charts ready for the lesson.  The first one had the main idea filled in:  Milk is healthy for you.  We spend time talking about milk and then I read facts about milk out loud.  We then spend some time writing details about milk being healthy.  Then, I asked them how we could use this chart to help us organize our notes about Lake Huron.  We chose a topic within the book (Pollution) and filled out the other chart.  I read the section twice (and we talked about how helpful it is to read things more than once) and wrote details about the pollution in Lake Huron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment