Saturday, January 28, 2017

Poetry Alliteration

















When I was a kid, I didn’t like poetry until I heard Shel Silverstein.  As soon as I heard his poems, I was hooked.  I spend a lot of time trying to hook your kids on poetry.  They seem pretty hooked.  They are coming up with a lot of amazing stuff on Poetry Fridays.  We pushed our alliteration knowledge a little farther on Friday.  Sure, it’s about poems using words with the same letter, but it’s MORE than that.  It’s about words using the same sounds.  Knife.  Gnaw.  Nope.  We looked at a lot of examples, used dictionaries, rhyming dictionaries, and working together.  They can choose to read their poems, and more and more of them are choosing to do so.  I love the teams who work together they change a lot, and the poems they come up with are reallllllly good!  YahOoOo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment